I am an angular collaborator and an avid user of Angular this is my first react project a netflix clone using react, styled components, jest tests. It uses firebase firestore as the DB if you want to run it you have to set it up using the seed data already given. To setup follow the instruction in readme and firebase.prod.js. You can also fork my repo or set it upto learn more.
Few of my positive experiences
- Creating a component in React.js is a dream components cannot be created easier than this.
- Hooks for state management — Hooks are a really easy paradigm for state management
- Styled components — Suffers from scalability problems writing styles again and again seemed weird but the scoping was great.
- Context was weird Calling use context again and again seemed odd somehow. Maybe I’m not accustomed to it.
- How to find right tools for the job you are trying to do. React has so many options which is great but it makes choosing the right tool that much harder.
- How to scale react could not find good resources on it.
Angular apparent short comings after using React
- State Management- It has nothing compared to hooks
- Component creation is so hard in Angular
- Why do we need modules. Why?
- Angular team giving every package has taken its toll on angular innovation. Not much is tried by the community in angular.
Angular strong suit
- Angular basics will always be same because of the same lib use so easy to work on multiple projects
- Angular directives there is nothing like them
- Angular schematics setting up libs for you is great
- Angular Cli is the best
I don’t know how we got to this place in frontend but there is no great way in Angular or react to manage your CSS is important in frontend but not much attention or tooling is there for managing it
Let me know in the comments if I’m wrong about something or I need to study more I’m trying to learn other frameworks so that I know more paradigms in frontend development.